Dec 28, 2010

AJ - Page 1

Inspired by Jessica Sprague's Inspiration Everywhere class - it was suggested to create a dedication page. This being my first art journal I figured it would be a good idea. My dedication is to what I want to achieve during this creative experience.


All in the details . . .

Tissue paper with watercolour painted over it. Used foam stamps with acrylic paint & stamped while the watercolour was still wet.

Crocheted a sun motif using a free pattern at Crochet Spot & attached it using hot glue gun.

I really like the rainbow. Stripes of watercolour paints which I then went over with Mod Podge Gloss-Lustre.

There are a few more activities in the Inspiration Everywhere class I want to complete. The sooner I get these done the better because there are a couple of other challenges I would like to participate in the new year.

Art Journal Every Day starts on the 30th December - this challenge encourages you to do something (at least 10 minutes) in your AJ Every Day. The first months sign up for January has started & so far there are 115 participants!!

A Year in the Life of an Art Journal - prompts are posted the 15th & 30th of every month. The first date for this in 2011 will be the 15th of January which is when I will start. Even if it is just once a month.

2 comments:

milkcan said...

This is awesome and amazing! I can't believe that you crocheted that sun! Shut up! Delighted that you're going to be a part of Art Journal Every Day!

Scatter said...

Hi, I love your sun too! Excited to be part of Julie's project. Lots of blogs to follow!! Looking forward to reading yours!